SA DJ: new details of the rape incident since 2011 that were recently opened

SA DJ: new details of the rape incident since 2011 that were recently opened

Authorities have confirmed to TshisaLIVE that the lady who levelled allegations of rape against two well-known SA artists has opened a rape case and therefore the matter is currently under investigation.

SA DJ: new details of the rape incident since 2011 that were recently opened
48187990 – woman behind the matte glass. blurry hand and body figure

The allegations came to light earlier in the week after a lady took to Twitter to detail the alleged incident. This sparked a widespread debate among South Africans on social media.

In an interview with TshisaLIVE, the woman, who requested her name not be published, confirmed she had opened a case of rape at Sunnyside police headquarters on January 13.

She said the alleged rape occurred in 2011 at a chilla (small party) she attended with a lover, who was apparently invited by one among the DJs.

At the time, she was a second-year student at the University of Pretoria, where she was studying towards a Bachelor of commerce qualification.

“First, I would like to form it clear I used to be not some quite stock or whatsoever people call girls organised to entertain the DJs. I used to be simply accompanying a lover to a chilla, and that’s where the entire thing happened,” the lady told TshisaLIVE.

Due to legal reasons and therefore the pending police work, she couldn’t divulge further details.

Police spokesperson Capt Mavela Masondo confirmed the existence of the case to TshisaLIVE on Thursday.

“As per case the amount you provided, I can confirm a case of rape was opened at Sunnyside police headquarters and is under investigation. No arrests are made,” he said.

Due to legal reasons, the suspects’ names can’t be published until they seem in court and have pleaded.

When approached for comment by TshisaLIVE earlier in the week, one among the DJs issued a press release against the allegations, labelling them as “hurtful and false”.

“I am aware assertions are made about me on social media and that I understand this is often the worth of being within the limelight. the very fact that these claims are untrue and from an unknown source doesn’t make them less hurtful.

“Furthermore, I’m deeply concerned that spurious allegations about gender-based violence (GBV) — especially because it is one among the foremost significant societal challenges in SA — undermine the gravity of legitimate incidents, and impact the urgency with which they’re attended. whenever someone succumbs to the temptation of using GBV to further personal agendas, the cause to eradicate this scourge takes a step backwards.”

The DJ advised victims of “genuine” GBV to require the interest enforcement authorities.

Following police confirmation of the case, TshisaLIVE’s attempts to urge an updated comment from the alleged suspect drew a blank.

Multiple attempts to urge comment from the second DJ were unsuccessful as his management had not skilled written enquiries at the time of publishing this text.

Acting CEO of Primedia Broadcasting Geraint Crwys-Williams, where both DJs are employed, said it might apply a rigorous evaluation of the allegations against the implicated artists.

“We take these matters extremely seriously and apply a rigorous, systematic internal process to assess them. We are awaiting substantiation of the present information from the authorities. Once we have this, we’ll respond accordingly,” Geraint told TshisaLIVE.

Comments are closed.